In This Must Know…
- The State Assembly and Senate announced a joint budget agreement with good stuff for small business.
- SB 972 passes Senate and AB 2019 passes Assembly
- CAMEO In The News: Carolina is featured in Authority Magazine talking about the work we do at CAMEO.
- Following up on last week’s topic, download “Supporting Employee Mental Health After Mass Shootings.”
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the AAPISTRONG Restaurant grant. Happy AAPI Heritage Month!
Historic Wins in State Budget
The State Assembly and Senate announced a joint budget agreement that makes historic investments in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. In addition to an ongoing $26 million for the TAEP program and Capital Infusion Program, the budget includes:
- $8 million budget allocation of over 3 years to fund Women Business Centers (WBCs) and
- $50 million to fund a state CDFI fund.
Congratulations to the many people who put in a lot of work to make this happen. Next stop the Governor’s Desk.
Heidi joins Small Business Majority tomorrow, June 3, 2022 at 9:30am PT to talk about the budget.
State Legislative Wins
SB 972 passes Senate and AB 2019 passes Assembly and move on to the other houses.
SB 972 makes small changes to the microenterprise home kitchen operation and the Cottage Food Operation laws to allow sidewalk food vendors easier access these existing programs.
AB 2019 would require state agency directors to establish a minimum goal of 25% procurement participation for small businesses, including microbusinesses and require they have a small business liaison that will develop an “economic equity first” action plan to help business owners of color access the program.
CAMEO In The News
Our CEO, Carolina Martinez was feautred in Authority Magazine: Social Impact Heroes: Why & How Carolina Martinez of CAMEO Is Helping To Change Our World.
Carolina talks about the necessary work CAMEO does to ensure all small businesses, including those owned by women and people of color, have the resources and support they need to succeed.
Read more in Carolina’s LinkedIn post.
- Join Kauffman for Data Dive: Indicators of Entrepreneurship on June 7, 2022 at 9:00am PT.
- Join Prosperity Now for Investing in Small Business Job Quality: A Virtual Convening on June 9, 2022 at 12:00pm PT.
For Your Clients
- The Asian/Pacific Islander American Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship is now accepting applications for the AAPISTRONG Restaurant grants.
- The National Women’s Business Council (NWBC) held a virtual public meeting. Watch recording at 1:09 for good stats on women owned businesses.
- Entrepreneurial support organizations called pacers are helping businesses in emerging markets achieve their goals by providing services for them in the long run.
- Join CBA for Overview of the CDFI Fund’s Small Dollar Loan Program webinar on June 9, 2022 at 3:00pm PT.
- Jobs: Shareable, Greenlining,WBC, WEV LISC, PCV, PACE, and Norcal VBOC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!