In this Must Know…
- Helping Small Businesses in Disaster Areas
- Join the waiting list for “Take Your TA Training Online” on November 6, 2019.
- Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
- Come celebrate our 25th Anniversary on December 5, 2019. Get tickets today!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Claudia Viek’s op-ed in The Hill.
- Happy Halloween!
Helping Small Businesses in Disaster Areas
Our thoughts go out to everyone being affected by the fires and power outages all across California.
The fire seasons of the last three years make it clear that we’re living in a new normal. Local businesses are profoundly impacted by disasters, and they look to organizations like yours for support and resources.
Last year, we held the webinar “Small Business Disaster Recovery and Resilience,” that featured several of our members and the lessons they learned about delivering services in a timely manner.
In addition, some in the industry are thinking about how we can engage in the needed systems change to create a sustainable future for our planet so it doesn’t burn. If you’re interested in this conversation, please email Heidi.
Take Your TA Training Online
Get on the waiting list! This course has proven very popular and is full, but you might still secure a spot.
In the course, you’ll learn how to design, develop, and deliver an online program to meet the needs of the growing gig economy and the expectations of participants.
Joy Taylor will share challenges and successes, giving you a “heads up” on what not to do while empowering you with best practices and what to do. The course begins November 6, 2019.
Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey
CAMEO is partnering with the Federal Reserve to conduct a Small Business Credit Survey for both pre-start and existing businesses, and we’d like your clients to participate. The survey highlights the experiences of small businesses and provides critical information that service providers, policymakers, and lenders use to improve programs for small business owners.
The survey closes December 20, 2019.
For Your Clients
- Join Asset Funders Network’s free webinar on November 7, 2019 at 11:00 am PT, for a discussion on Democracy and the Next American Economy: Where Prosperity Meets Justice.
- OFN’s Executive Training for CDFI Board Members will take place November 12, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy published the Small Business Economic Bulletin for October 2019.
- Public Private Strategies released their new report, Small Business, Big Impact: Philanthropy’s Untapped Opportunity to Advance Health and Equity.
- Member News: IWEI CEO Claudia Viek co-wrote an op-ed in The Hill on capital access for women entrepreneurs.
- Jobs: Mandela Partners, Working Solutions, and CalNonprofits announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!