In This Must Know…
- We need your help with the Federal Reserve’s Small Biz Credit Survey!
- The California Rebuilding Fund is relaunched!
- October is Hispanic Heritage Month
- CAMEO is hiring a Policy Specialist
- Happy National Women’s Small Business Month – check out our women success stories!
- One ticket remains for MicroLending Essentials
- Carolina Martinez, our CEO, joins the board of directors for Pacific Community Ventures!
- CAMEO in the news: Carolina talks about the programs available to assist small businesses during COVID-19.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is New Profit will invest $800,000 in eight organizations working towards wealth creation for women of color.
Federal Reserve Small Business Survey
The Federal Reserve’s Small Business Credit Survey provides a wealth of information about small businesses. Yet California isn’t well represented. We need your help and that means encouraging your clients to fill out the survey before it closes on November 19, 2021. The survey is open to businesses currently in operation, those recently closed, and those about to launch. Questions ask about business conditions, financing needs, and the effects of the pandemic. Share the link above with your clients.
ICYMI: Check out the resources and videos from last week’s MicroLenders Forum, including a presentation on the Small Businses Credit Survey. And we’ve added a video from Congresswoman Judy Chu about federal activity that helps small businesses.
CA Rebuilding Fund for Small Business Recovery
As we work toward long-term recovery for small businesses, we’re excited to spread the word about the California Rebuilding Fund. The Fund is a partnership between public and private sector entities to provide California small businesses—particularly businesses in underbanked parts of the state—with access to responsible, affordable capital to help them survive and rebuild from this crisis.
We will host a CA Rebuilding Fund Train the Trainer on October 22, 2021 where we’ll review changes in the program, share outreach strategies and answer questions.
October is Hispanic Heritage Month
This Hispanic Heritage Month, we’re shining light onto a remarkable group of Latinx-led cooperatives that are paving the way for advancements in their own communities while enriching the landscape of the sharing economy as a whole.
- Applications are open for the Rural Micro-entrepreneur Assistance Program (RMAP).
- New Profit to make a $800,000 investment in eight organizations working towards wealth creation for women of color. An informational webinar will be held on October 8, 2021 at 11:00am PT.
- A new National Survey shows small businesses are hurt by lack of affordable child care and owners support federal child care investments.
- Policy Brief: An Impact Investing Policy Agenda for Growing Employee Ownership to Support COVID-19 Recovery
- Member Request: CBA Fund is conducting a survey of nonprofits and CDFIs to better understand the industry’s needs and is due on October 15, 2021.
- Jobs: CAMEO, PCV, SBDC San Joaquin Center, The City and County of San Francisco, and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!