In this Must Know…
- Happy New Year! We hope you are well rested, refreshed and ready to take on 2023.
- Federal FY2023 Budget
- Two Training Opportunities for CDFIs
- Opportunity: Free Tools for Capacity Building
- ICYMI: Carolina wrote an op-ed for San Jose Spotlight on reasons to shop small during the holiday season.
- Please fill out the 2021 CAMEO Annual Impact Census by January 13, 2023 to receive special bonuses!
- Our policy specialist, Addison Peterson, wrote a blog post on Supporting Micro Enterprise Home Kitchens.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is NCRC’s Just Economy Conference on March 29-30, 2023, where CAMEO will be speaking!
Federal FY2023 Budget
Late last month, the House and Senate passed the the FY2023 Omnibus government funding bill.
With your support, we were able to secure funding increases for six small business programs, including:
- CDFI Fund
- Microloan Program (TA)
- SBA PRIME
- Veterans Business Outreach Centers
Funding levels were maintained for five programs and only one program decreased in funding. See the full budget breakdown here.
Two Training Opportunities for CDFIs
- Join CAMEO on January 18, 2023 at 11:00 am PST for a webinar on the CDFI Fund’s Proposed Changes to Certification Requirements.
- The 2023 Cohort of CDFI Essentials is here! This program supports CDFIs with skills, policies, and risk so they can help underserved entrepreneurs. The sessions will begin February 16, 2023 and will take place the 3rd Thursday of every month. The deadline to register is January 15, 2023.
Opportunity: Free Tools for Capacity Building
Through their new program, USBCDC Access Capacity: Strengthening BIPOC-led Nonprofits, U.S. Bank is offering CAMEO and our members 5 spots for free access to one or both of the two capacity-building platforms Resilia and Catchafire.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis so we suggest you apply as soon as possible. You can learn more in our latest blog post.
- Read the Kauffman Foundation’s report, “Community-Engaged Entrepreneurship Research: Methodologies to advance equity and inclusion.”
- The SEC’s Office of the Advocate for Small Business Capital Formation published its Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2023.
- The Greenlining Institute is now accepting applications for their 2023-24 Leadership Academy. The deadlines are February 3 for Summer Associates and February 17 for Fellowship applications.
- NCRC’s Just Economy Conference takes place March 29-30, 2023 in Washington, D.C. CAMEO will be hosting a panel!
- Jobs: Accessity, WEV, NCRC, PCV, California Farmlink, and California Capital Financial Development announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!