In this Must Know…
- Celebrate African American History Month by recognizing CAMEO members’ entrepreneurs like Donald Jacko Sr. and other success stories.
- FY19 Federal Funding for Small Business.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is that CAMEO and many of our members are hiring for new positions.
- February 21, 2019 – Third Thursday Webinar: Gig Economy 101
- March 20, 2019 – Training Independent Entrepreneurs for Success
- April 23, 2019 – MicroLenders Forum
Federal Funding for Small Business
After weeks of negotiations and under a looming deadline to avoid another shutdown, legislation to fund the government through the end of FY19 was passed by Congress and signed by the President. Below is an overview of the appropriations levels approved:
- USDA: $74.3 M
- Treasury (CDFI Fund & BGP): $750 M
- SBA: $227.5 M
Read our latest blog post for more detail on the funds for each individual program and the directives on how agencies can spend the money.
Gig Economy Webinar is TODAY!
There’s still time for you to join “Gig Economy 101: Samaschool and the Online Entrepreneur” at 2:00 pm.
Samaschool developed a one-day workshop to train business assistance providers. Their workshop provides participants with an up-to-date orientation on the gig economy and equips them to deliver the curricula. The training provides an overview of the risks and benefits of independent work, teaches critical independent work skills, and identifies how clients can leverage independent work to meet their professional and personal goals.
Training Independent Entrepreneurs for Success
CAMEO is providing members a free opportunity to attend Samaschool‘s How to Succeed as a Freelancer training. This 4-hour event will start by teaching you what the gig economy is (and isn’t), who it can help, and where it’s headed. Then, Samaschool will walk you through its curriculum and how you can use it to effectively facilitate classes in your own communities. Join us on March 20, 2019 in San Francisco.
- Heidi Pickman is speaking at NCRC’s Just Economy Conference on March 11-13, 2019 in Washington, DC.
- Registration is now open for OFN’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
For Your Clients
- Applications are open for the Tory Burch Foundation’s Fellows Program for women entrepreneurs. Deadline is March 12, 2019.
- The Specialty Food Business Summit takes place on April 7-9, 2019 in Chicago.