Please whitelist @microbiz.org and no
-firstname.lastname@example.org to continue to ensure CAMEO emails do not go to your spam folder.
In this Must Know…
- Federal Budget Update
- Join our Third Thursday Webinar, “Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually” on July 18, 2019 at 2:00 pm.
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO – Grant Opportunities
- This week’s Goodie highlight is SBA’s training for new and existing microlenders in San Diego.
House – The House passed the FY2020 Financial Services and General Government (FSGG) funding bill. This bill provides funding for Treasury and SBA, and allocates increased funds for the following programs:
- Microloan Program
- Microloan Technical Assistance
Senate – The Senate still needs to pass its budget for FY2020, then the two bills move on to reconciliation.
Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually
Join “Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually” on Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 2:00 pm.
How do you keep your webinar audience engaged, while they face distractions like e-mail, social media, needy pets and mischievous children? Public speaking coach Lisa Braithwaite will share her tips and best practices to become an engaging speaker and bring success to your webinar program.
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
As we reflect on our 25 years of work in the sector, every week we’ll be highlighting one of the 25 reasons (or more!) to value CAMEO.
Reason #16: CAMEO keeps members up to date on grant opportunities and state/federal business development funds through the weekly newsletter.
Professional & Funding Opportunities
- CBA Fund is Credit Builders Alliance’s new Emerging CDFI Intermediary. Applications are due July 22, 2019.
- The SBA San Diego Office is hosting a training event for new and existing microlenders on August 1st & 2nd, 2019 focusing on the SBA Microlending Program.
For Your Clients
- AARP and IVMF are hosting a webinar to discuss entrepreneurial options for veterans on July 16, 2019 at 9:00 am PT.
- CAMEO is co-sponsoring JEDI’s webinar on “How to Get Started and Succeed as a Freelancer” on July 24, 2019 at 5:30 pm PT.
- Riverside is the first county in the U.S. to issue permits for micro enterprise home kitchens.
- Kudos to Centro Community Partners for being one of the recipients of the Techstars Foundation 2019 Grant to develop and support underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Report: “Building Inclusive Ecosystems with Intentionality,” by the D.C. Women Founders Initiative.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, California Community Economic Development Association, and CDC Small Business Finance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!