- Digital Literacy and Fluency Resources
- ICYMI: Maximize Your CAMEO Membership Webinar
- Join our 2023 Legislative Staff Briefing on February 10, 2023 at 11:30 am PST.
- We need your 2021 data! Fill out the Impact Census by February 15, 2023.
- Big kudos to CAMEO’s Senior Program Manager, Liza Rivera, on being chosen as a 2023 NALCAB Pete Garcia Community Economic Development Fellow.
- This Black History Month, make sure to support black-owned businesses like Harris Hoisting, which has broken barriers as the only African-American woman-owned hoisting company in San Francisco.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the Little Hoover Commission’s recent report on Equitable Economic Development across California.
Digital Literacy and Fluency Resources
In a post-COVID-19 world, being able to operate digitally is not optional for small businesses that wish to succeed.
CAMEO convened a roundtable of practitioners, stakeholders, and clients to determine the skills needed to survive and thrive in the new digital economy. The result is a compilation of resources for digital literacy and fluency for small business providers! The curriculum covers computer basics, digital tools for business, internet basics and more.
ICYMI: Maximize Your CAMEO Membership Webinar
Last week, we held a webinar for new and existing members, in which we reviewed the benefits of being a CAMEO member, including:
- Capacity building
- Advocacy and more
If you attended the webinar, you’ll be added to the course in CAMEO Academy. If you missed it, your org lead will be given access and you can ask them for the link. And check out our membership page for the full list of member benefits.
2023 Legislative Staff Briefing
CAMEO is inviting California legislative staff for a virtual briefing to learn more about micro and small business.
As a member, you’re invited too! Join us on February 10, 2023 at 11:30 am PST. You’ll have a chance to meet new legislative staff, renew your connections with seasoned pros and participate in our discussion on how the legislature can continue to support the state’s small business ecosystem.
- The White House launched a series of regional summits to connect Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander communities with federal leaders and resources.
- Vice President Harris participated in a moderated conversation on CDFIs and small businesses.
- Join the Governor’s Office of Community Partnerships and Strategic Communications’ latest learning lab, Striving for Equity: Strategic Research Tactics on February 9, 2023 at 11:00 am PST.
- AFN is hosting a webinar on “Activating Federal Funds for BIPOC-Owned Businesses” on February 23, 2023 at 12:30 pm PST.