In this Must Know…
- Join “How to Know if Crowdfunding is Right for Your Clients” on Thursday, November 21, 2019
- 2019 Faces of Entrepreneurship Winner
- Join our 25th Anniversary Celebration on December 5, 2019 in San Francisco
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Sen. Wyden’s new bill that aims to boost capital access for women-owned businesses.
Third Thursday Webinar
Crowdfunding has raised over $34 billion in capital since 2008 but only 2% of small businesses crowdfund their business. The main reason: they don’t know enough about it!
Help your clients get ahead of the curve. Join Crowdfund Better’s Kathleen Minogue for “How to Know if Crowdfunding Is Right for Your Clients” on November 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm PT.
Webinar attendees can submit client profiles for an assessment of crowdfunding-readiness.
Celebrate Faces Winner
We are very excited to announce our first 2019 Faces of Entrepreneurship Award winner:
Congrats to RVS Technology Group! Owner Ricardo Rocha runs an IT firm that partners with small and mid-size businesses, but that’s not how he started. Learn more about his journey at our 25th anniversary celebration.
Next week, we’ll reveal our other winner. Thanks to all the organizations who submitted a nomination!
Come Party with Us
Our 25th Anniversary Celebration is one month away! Join us on Thursday, December 5, 2019 in San Francisco. We have a great evening planned with friends – old and new, the Faces of Entrepreneurship Awards, yummy food, and more.
Special thanks to Wells Fargo, eBay, Cathay Bank, Lyft, FHL Bank of San Francisco, and CDC Small Business Finance for sponsoring this event! If you would like to contribute, take a look at our sponsorship opportunities.
News & Reports
- The Richmond Fed’s recent report, CDFIs by the Numbers, provides findings from the 2019 Federal Reserve CDFI Survey.
- Senator Ron Wyden introduced legislation to create two new tax incentives designed to unlock the growth potential of women and minority-owned businesses.
For Your clients
- The ITSCC is seeking participants for a business cybersecurity issues survey. The survey is open until November 12, 2019.
- The Winter Fancy Food Show is a trade-only event designed to promote business growth in the specialty food industry. It takes place January 19-21, 2020 in San Francisco.
- ASBC hosts “Income Inequality & Tax Reform – Strategies for Strengthening America’s Middle Class” on November 12, 2019 at 10:00 am PT online.
- Join CalNonprofits for the webinar reveal of their new report Causes Count: the Economic Impact of California’s Nonprofit Sector on November 14, 2019 at 2:00 pm PT.
- Take Action: The New Markets Tax Credit expires on December 31, 2019. Sign your organization onto the NMTC Coalition’s letter to Congress asking them to preserve this community development tool.
- Mandela Partners, Working Solutions, and CalNonprofits announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!