In this Must Know…
- Join us TODAY for “Cooking Up Success”
- “How to Succeed as a Freelancer” Program for your clients
- CALED’s 40th Annual Training Conference
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Blue Avocado’s AB5 explainer for nonprofits.
Food Business Webinar Series
Join us in January and February for “Cooking Up Success,” a 3-part webinar series we’ve created in partnership with NALCAB.
You’ll learn how to transform the entrepreneurial environment for Latino and immigrant families engaged in neighborhood-based small business activity. The ultimate goal is to ensure our food entrepreneurs are successful and communities are sustainable.
The first webinar – Lifecycle of Food Businesses – takes place TODAY at 12:00pm PST.
“How to Succeed as A Freelancer” Program
Last Thursday, we held the webinar “Tech Tools for TA,” which included Samaschool’s new virtual curriculum for independent entrepreneurs. If you missed it, you can watch the recording here.
CALED is hosting their 40th Annual Training Conference on March 25-27, 2020 in Sacramento.
The conference will celebrate how California’s economic developers are “Getting It Done” every day in their communities through relationship building, strategic planning, and connecting to key resources. Our CEO, Carolina Martinez, is on the planning committee!
Webinars & Other Resources
- A new report from SBA Advocacy shows that older workers with health limitations are less likely to leave the labor force if they are self-employed.
- NWBC released their Annual Report for FY 2019, “Advancing Women Entrepreneurs. Growing America’s Economy.”