- CAMEO’s Coaching Academy
- 30th Anniversary of HR 5050, The Women’s Business Ownership Act
- Take Action: Protect Immigrant Entrepreneurs
- CAMEO members that complete the microTracker Census by the end of October will receive $100 toward lunch for their staff (and FIELD is offering a gift card raffle.)
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is CRC’s training on how to fight back to defend the CRA on November 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm PST.
CAMEO launched the Coaching Academy to develop new approaches to expanding business assistance training in the face of a rapidly changing landscape. The goal is to ensure that our member organizations operate with sophistication, professionalism, and efficiency while fulfilling their mission and meeting the needs of their clients. Features are similar to those of the Micro Lending Academy.
Click here to learn more about these programs.
30th Anniversary of the Women’s Business Ownership Act
Take Action: Support Immigrant Entrepreneurs
- The CRC will be doing a training on how to fight back to defend the CRA on November 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm PST.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) will host two workshops – Credit Risk and Operational Risk Workshop – in San Francisco on November 6-7, 2018.
CALED is hosting a webinar on California Opportunity Zones on November 7, 2018, at 1:00 pm.
- Prosperity Now will introduce their new Financial Coaching Program Design Guide on November 14, 2018, at 3:00 pm ET.
For Your Clients
The new CalSavers website is now live!
American Express’ Shop Small Studio’ has a host of customizable marketing materials to get ready for Small Business Saturday.
Small Business Majority is celebrating National Women’s Small Business Month with a series of free webinars throughout October.
Join Small Business Majority for their CalSavers Retirement Savings Program webinar on Tuesday, October 30, 2018, at 11:30 am (PDT).
The Social Enterprise Academy helps nonprofits generate revenue through charitable ventures. Classes start in January 2019 and applications are due November 12, 2018.
- Member Kudos: Congrats to the 71 CAMEO members who received funds from the state’s $23 million investment in small business development.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, JEDI, California Farmlink, Cutting Edge Capital, and Chinatown Service Center are hiring!