In this Must Know…
- Join CAMEO’s Climate + Small Biz Summer School from July 26 to August 16, 2023.
- Fill out our 2022 Impact Census.
- CAMEO is turning 30 next year! Where do YOU want to celebrate?
- Heidi Pickman will join Small Business Majority for a policy briefing on the California budget TODAY at 11:30 am PT.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is this letter to urge your members of Congress to fully fund the Community Development Block Grant program for FY24.
Climate + Small Biz Summer School
CAMEO is excited to announce our four-part virtual series, Climate + Small Biz Summer School: Integrating the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to the Climate Economy.
Join us weekly starting July 26 to learn how you can get involved in environmental climate resiliency for small businesses and contribute to solutions for our climate crisis.
Part I: Why Does Climate Resiliency Matter? will take place July 26, 2023 at 11:00 am PT.
2022 CAMEO Impact Census
In 2022, we successfully advocated for ecosystem investments of $105.5 million, more than a 50% increase from 2021.
We cannot advocate successfully without you and your data!
We want to thank everyone who filled out our 2021 census. The 2021 Impact Report is coming!
In the meantime, please send us your 2022 data by filling out this membership survey by August 1, 2023.
Poll: Where Do YOU Want to Celebrate CAMEO’s 30th?
Next year marks 30 years of CAMEO – 30 years of serving micro business development organizations and working to grow a thriving ecosystem of support for all entrepreneurs.
We want to celebrate BIG, and we want your input. Tell us: where would you prefer to go for a two-day anniversary event?
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- or somewhere else
Policy and Advocacy
- Take Action: Please urge your members of Congress to fully fund the Community Development Block Grant program in FY24.
- The Dr. Beatriz María Solís Policy Institute (SPI) is a policy advocacy and leadership training fellowship. Applications close on July 19, 2023
Professional & Funding Opportunities
- CalNonprofits seeks candidates for its Board of Directors. Nominations are open through July 31, 2023.
- Credit Builders Alliance will provide loan capital and grants to nonprofits providing consumer loans to LMI immigrants in their communities. Applications close August 10, 2023.
- The Kauffman Foundation’s “Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs: Removing Barriers” provides data on the national capital access and entrepreneurial support landscape.
- Small Business Majority’s new poll reveals that small businesses owners strongly support expanding family leave protections and other benefits to their employees.
- For Your Clients: The SBA Cyber Summit 2023 will take place every Wednesday in October. Experts from the cybersecurity and business worlds will share best practices and practical tools.
- Jobs: The Treasury Department, ESO Ventures, and Alliance for Community Development announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!