- Join us for Centering Women Business Owners in an Economic Recovery on September 29, 2022, at 11:00am PT
- Industry News: California’s SSBCI application was approved!
- For Your Clients: Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey by November 4, 2022
- Join us for SBA Microloan Program Basics 101 on September 28th, 2022 at 12:00pm PT
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to join Small Business Majority for Twitter Chat: Celebrating Hispanic Entrepreneurship on October 5, 2022 at 12:00pm PT
Centering Women Business Owners in an Economic Recovery
Join us for an intimate conversation between women leaders and women business owners about how to develop and grow a women-business-owner-centric economic recovery.What challenges are women facing as they run their businesses? How are they overcoming them? What role can bankers play?
SSBCI Application Approved
Last week, we told you that $1.1 billion is coming to California to help small businesses. The funding will come from the U.S. Treasury’s State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI). CAMEO and our partners are working on putting together a listening session to help CDFIs take full advantage of the programs.
The federal dollars will be split between the Small Business Loan Guarantee Program and a new Venture Capital program (administered by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank or IBank) and the Collateral Support Program and the California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) for Small Business (administered by the California Pollution Control Financing Authority).
Small Business Credit Survey
The Federal Reserve has begun collecting responses to this year’s Small Business Credit Survey. As an official survey partner, we’re trying to reach for-profit businesses currently in operation, those recently closed, and those about to launch. CAMEO members use this data to inform their programs and loan products.
Please forward to your clients! By taking the survey, business owners and business leaders contribute to data that directly informs the Fed, service providers, and others—ultimately benefitting their business. The survey closes November 4, 2022.
Hispanic Heritage Month
- Small Business Majority for Twitter Chat: Celebrating Hispanic Entrepreneurship on October 5, 2022 at 12:00pm PT.
- Small Business Facts: Small Business Contributions To Research And Development.
- The SBA Announces Expansion of Ascent Online Digital Platform Programming to help small businesses export.
- Member Kudos: Congratulations to the four members who received PRIME grants: Indian Dispute Resolution Services, Vermont Slauson, Women’s Economic Ventures, and Credit Builders Alliance.
- Jobs: CIELO, Working Solutions, Prospera, El Pajaro CDC, Southwestern College, and NCRC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!