- Celebrate Independent Entrepreneurs on Independence Day
- Join CALED’s Gig Economy webinar on July 10, 2019, at 1:00 pm.
- Join our Third Thursday Webinar, “Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually” on July 18, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO – Reason #15: CAMEO brings you the latest trends and capacity building through our monthly webinar series.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is the Women and Minority Equity Investment Act recently introduced in the Senate.
Celebrate Entrepreneurs on Independence Day
For the 9th year in a row, our friends at Emergent Research and MBO Partners published “The State of Independence in America,” a comprehensive look into the country’s independent workforce – a group of 41 million people who work as consultants, freelancers, contractors, temporary, or on-call workers. The findings of this year’s study show that, despite a strong job market and the lowest unemployment in decades, independent work remains not only increasingly viable as a choice for working-age Americans, but is steadily becoming a more profitable, sophisticated, and satisfying career path. Read more about the report and its conclusions on our latest blog post.
CALED Webinar: Gig Economy
Third Thursday Webinar: Speak to Engage Virtually
- Join Asset Funders’ Network webinar, “Unlocking the Assets Being Held in Women-Owned Businesses” on July 18, 2019, at 1:00 pm PT.
- Prosperity Now’s Camp Prosperity is a 3-part virtual learning session to develop new skills as an advocate for your community. Camp begins on July 23, 2019.
- Complete Small Business Majority’s survey to share your feedback on how access to capital impacts small business.
- Senators Cantwell and Rubio introduced the Women and Minority Equity Investment Act of 2019, which could spur more women- and minority-owned equity firms.
For Your Clients
- Firestarter is Fundera’s free toolkit for entrepreneurs launching their business.
- CAMEO is co-sponsoring JEDI’s webinar on “How to Get Started and Succeed as a Freelancer” on July 24, 2019, at 5:30 pm.
- New Infographic: “The Racial Wealth Gap” by ABPN.
- New Report: “Building Entrepreneurship Ecosystems in Communities of Color” by the Federal Reserve of Kansas City.
- Jobs: MCISC, the Aspen Institute, and WEV announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!