In this Must Know…
- Join us November 28, December 5, and December 12, 2023 for the CDFI Governance training series.
- Join our upcoming member meetings for Central Coast, San Diego, Inland Empire, Orange County, and Los Angeles!
- Manufacturing is Micro! Check out our free course section in CAMEO Academy.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the CDFI Fund’s Small Dollar Loan Program funding round – applications close November 20, 2023.
CDFI Governance Series
Join us November 28, December 5, and December 12, 2023 for our CDFI Governance training, part of CAMEO’s National CDFI Academy.
The three-part series is designed to educate CDFI staff and leadership on the key principles of CDFI governance and guide them through the basic steps in creating a successful governance structure.
CAMEO members will receive a 50% discount when applying the membership code at checkout. If you’re a member but don’t know the code, please contact Daniela Fernandez-Ulen.
This training is sponsored by City National Bank.
December Member Meetings
December is a busy time, and what better way to bid farewell to 2023 than with an in-person meeting with our members! Join us for:
- Central Coast Member Meeting, December 1, 2023 at 12:00pm PT
- San Diego Area Member Meeting, December 5, 2023 at 11:30am PT
- Inland Empire Member Meeting, December 6, 2023 at 11:00am PT
- Orange County Member Meeting, December 6, 2023 at 3:00pm PT
- Entrepreneurship Advantage End-of-Year Celebration, December 7, 2023 at 11:30am PT
And don’t forget to check out our Industry Calendar for more upcoming events from CAMEO and our members!
Free Courses in CAMEO Academy
Our latest free offering in CAMEO Academy is an overview of microbusinesses in manufacturing provided by CMTC – California’s Manufacturing Network. Interesting fact: most new manufacturing companies are small.
While you’re there, visit our other offerings in the Free Courses section, where you have access to a wide range of trainings on advocacy, technical assistance, and more. CAMEO Academy is our online learning center, and the hub for our capacity building resources.
- CalOSBA unveiled California’s inaugural report on the impact of diverse businesses in the state.
- The East LA Business Connector recently published Needs, Strengths, and Trust: Listening to the Businesses of East LA.
- The CFPB released a report on State Community Reinvestment Acts, which includes summaries of each state’s CRA laws.
- Join the CDFA’s two upcoming webinars: The Latest in Cannabis Finance on November 21, 2023 at 11:00am PT and Restoring Food Systems through Finance on November 28, 2023 at 11:00am PT.
- CAMEO is partnering with SBA and Public Private Strategies to bring you Small Business Tools and Resources: Celebrating Indigenous and Tribal Businesses on November 30, 2023 at 11:00am PT.
For Your Clients
- NALCAB is taking submissions from independently-owned Latino businesses and entrepreneurs to be featured in their 2023 Holiday Gift Guide. The submission deadline is November 21, 2023.
- The Health Action Alliance has a new resource to help employers support their employees affected by the Israel-Hamas war.
- Funding Opportunity: The 2024 funding round for the CDFI Fund’s Small Dollar Loan Program is open. The application deadline is November 20, 2023.
- Jobs: The Democracy Collaborative, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Project Equity, and LIFT, Inc. announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!