In this Must Know…
- CDFI Fund Updates
- Annual Member Meeting Recap
- Save the Date for CAMEO’s 30th Anniversary event
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is Small Business for America’s Future’s survey on small business owners and healthcare costs.
CDFI Fund Updates
- The application portal will open for non-certified organizations on December 20, 2023.
- The portal opens on August 1, 2024 for certified organizations, and they have until December 20, 2024 to reapply.
- January 16, 2024 is the deadline to open an AMIS account, submit EIN, DUNS, and SF-424.
- February 15, 2024 is the deadline to submit full TA/FA applications.
Annual Member Meeting Recap
Thank you to all those who attended our 2023 Annual Member Meeting on Tuesday! It was great to see old friends and meet new faces.
We want to give a special thanks to our outgoing board members: Baldev Birk, Carmen Herrera-Mansir, Kristin Johnson, and Nancy Swift. And we extend a warm welcome to our new board members: Brett Melone, Danny Fitzgerald, Hilda Kennedy, and Sophia Kanaan!
To learn about CAMEO’s new capacity, upcoming programs, and more, watch the recording here!
Save the Date: CAMEO’s 30th Anniversary
CAMEO is turning 30 next year!
To celebrate, we are heading down the California coast to sunny San Diego on November 13-14, 2023 for an exciting two-day event.
We’ll be working on the event agenda in the next few months so stay on the lookout for future updates!
For Your Clients
- The registration deadline for employers with 5 or more employees to participate in CalSavers is December 31, 2023.
- WEV’s Nicki Parr created a guide for small business owners to find the right professional service providers for their business.
- Prosperity Now’s latest report presents an analysis of employee benefits provision among Hispanic, Black, and White business owners.
- Small Business for America’s Future released a national survey that shows that 81% of small business owners feel the impact of healthcare costs.
- Inclusive Action for the City released a free resource for business coaches to help entrepreneurs learn the essential elements of how to run a business.
- Pacific Community Ventures’ Oakland Fund Playbook is a place-based guide to investing in underestimated people and places by working with community power builders.
- Take Action: Hello Alice is fighting back against the lawsuit targeting its Black-owned small business grant program. Show your support on social media using the tag #ElevateTheAmericanDream.
- Jobs: Accessity, Silver Lining, and Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!