In this Must Know…
- CAMEO’s Fall Calendar 2019
- Important Stuff You May Have Missed
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Small Business California’s Small Business Survey. Make sure your clients have completed it!
CAMEO’s Fall Calendar
It’s been a busy September and October for CAMEO, with two successful events in LA just this past week and regional meetings going on all across the state. The rest of the year is set to be just as busy, as we rev up our fall calendar to bring you lots of great activities. We hope you take these opportunities to train, network, and advocate for small businesses in your towns and cities.
- October 17 (TODAY!) – Join Joy Taylor and learn how to repurpose your in-person curriculum into interactive online classes in CAMEO’s Third Thursday Webinar, Online Group Training.
- October 26 – Deadline for Faces of Entrepreneurship Award nominations. Don’t miss this chance to highlight one of your clients!
- November 6 – Register for Taking Your TA Online, a 5-session course to design and develop an online program and learn the skills to deliver it in 2020, that starts on November 6.
- November 6 – CAMEO is hosting a special webinar on California Small Business Policy – What You Need to Know. Find out how your legislators did in the Small Business Scorecard and learn about the new California regulations that your clients will have to comply with by January 2020.
- November 6 – CAMEO heads to Fresno for the Central Valley Regional Member Meeting.
- November 21 – Join us for Crowdfunding: Turn Your Network into Funding, part of our Third Thursday Webinar. Learn about crowdfunding and whether it’s good for your clients.
- November 30 – Small Business Saturday is a great opportunity to promote the small businesses in your community and the work you do for them.
- December 5 – It’s the big event! We can’t wait to see you all in San Francisco and celebrate 25 years of being champions of micro business together.
- All of December – It’s that time of the year! Make sure to gift your organization a year of training, advocacy, and connections by renewing your membership or joining CAMEO.
Important Stuff You May Have Missed
CAMEO released our first-ever Small Business Scorecard, which examined the voting records of all 119 legislators on 16 bills passed by lawmakers this year on key issues of concern to California’s four million small businesses. Thirty-four Assembly members and 21 senators achieved perfect or near-perfect scores.
For Your Clients
- SCORE is hosting the webinar, “Access to Capital 101: Funding Options to Start and Grow Your Business” on October 24, 2019 at 12:00 pm PT.
- Small Business California’s Small Business Survey is open until the end of October.
- CDFI Fund is holding two training events on “Expanding CDFIs Impact in the Disability Community.” Deadline to register is October 18, 2019.
- Join California Policy Forum’s free webinar, “2020: Mapping California’s Future” on October 29, 2019 at 12:00 pm PT.
- CalNonprofits released a sneak peek of their new report, Causes Count: The Economic Impact of California’s Nonprofit Sector.
- The Commonwealth Fund published a report that shows how small business owners across America are dealing with healthcare costs and solutions they are interested in.
- New Resource: Prosperity Now has made available the slides and recording from their recent webinar, “Challenges and Opportunities Facing Entrepreneurs of Color.”
- Jobs: Self-Help Federal Credit Union, California FarmLink, and PCV announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!