In This Must Know…
- Save the Date: CAMEO’s Annual Advocacy Day on April 27, 2022
- Take Action: Support Federal TILA
- Celebrate women entrepreneurs this Women’s History Month
- CAMEO in the News: Read Carolina’s op-ed “Three ways philanthropies can support CDFIs“
- Join us for Build Mental Health and Resilience Amidst the Pandemic on March 17, 2022.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is March 16, 2022 is National SBDC Day! We celebrate our SBDC members!
CAMEO’s Annual Advocacy Day
As the pandemic moves toward an endemic, we need to ensure that all small businesses are included in the recovery. Some businesses are still in the relief stage and many businesses have started in the last two years – leading the way are businesses owned by people of color, especially women!
CAMEO supports business ownership as a key strategy to close the $10.14 Trillion wealth gap that if closed would be an increase in the GDP of almost 50%.
Join us on April 27, 2022 as we advocate for a strong ecosystem that helps us accomplish that goal and help BIPOC-owned small businesses thrive in a post-pandemic world.
Take Action: Support Federal TILA
Because CAMEO has been a strong supporter of responsible small business lending, we ask you to take action this week. Please support Small Business Lending Disclosure Act of 2021 (HR 6054 / S 3235), a federal bill that would ensure that all small businesses seeking financing have the information they need to make informed decisions. The bill is being heard next Wednesday, March 16. Please contact your representative on the committee. For more information and talking points, check our blog post, “Take Action: Support Federal TILA.”
Women’s History Month
This Women’s History Month, we want to shine the light onto all of the women entrepreneurs we have shared on our CAMEO success stories. -like Lupita Vidals, owner of Producciones Arcoiris.
If you want your clients to be featured in our success stories, email Annissa to have them added.
New Resources & Funding Opportunity
- Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Initiative is a research and education collaboration between Stanford University and the Latino Business Action Network.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has opened applications for the Value-Added Producer Grant (VAPG) program.
CAMEO Member Events
- Join CBA for Blueprints for Building Credit on June 22-24, 2022.
- March 16, 2022 is National SBDC Day! We celebrate our SBDC members!
- Jobs: Start Small Think Big, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Working Solutions, SBDC, Centro Community Partners and Feed the Hunger announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!