In this Must Know…
- CAMEO Summit: Advocacy Day Prep Webinar
- Governor’s Budget – May Revise
- Federal Policy Updates
- CAMEO is hiring! Could YOU be our new VP of Finance and Operations?
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is PCV’s Good Jobs Innovation Lab webinar on May 24, 2023 at 11:00 am PT on their non-traditional catalytic capital strategy for climate justice mobilization through support for Good & Green Jobs.
CAMEO Summit: Advocacy Day Prep
Join us June 7-8 at the 2023 CAMEO Summit! The staff is bustling to bring you exciting content and of course fun activities.
If you are attending Advocacy Day during the Summit (or want to learn more about the small and micro business policy landscape), please join us on May 31, 2023 at 11:30 am PT for an Advocacy Day Prep Webinar. During this session, our policy team, Heidi Pickman and Addison Peterson, will prepare you for the legislative visits. On that note, if you haven’t scheduled your legislative visit yet, please get in touch with Addison so we can make sure your region’s representatives are available on June 7.
Governor’s Budget: May Revise
- $25 million for the California Small Agricultural Business Drought Relief Grant Program
- $23.5 million for the Office of the Small Business Advocate
- $50 million for the California Investment and Innovation Program
- $50 million to the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program
- $190 million to IBank
- $15 million to DFPI
Carolina was on KTVU on Monday speaking about the effect of the budget on small businesses.
Federal Policy Updates
- On April 26, CAMEO members AMPAC Business Capital and Accion Opportunity Fund testified at a Senate hearing on the SBA’s rule regarding Small Business Lending Company Licenses.
- On May 4, The White House released a report detailing how the Biden Administration’s Investing in America agenda is providing critical support for small businesses in manufacturing industries, including through the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI).
- Congress has until June 1st to raise the debt ceiling. If it fails to do so, small businesses would be among the hardest hit.
For Your Clients
- USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program provides loans and grants to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements. Applications close June 30, 2023.
- NCRC’s Josh Silver is looking for photos of small business owners in front of their businesses for his upcoming book about the CRA.
- Join PCV’s Good Jobs Innovation Lab on May 24, 2023 at 11:00 am PT to learn more about their non-traditional catalytic capital strategy for climate justice mobilization through support for Good & Green Jobs.
- The 2023 CALED Annual Conference will be held June 21-23, 2023 in Los Angeles, CA. Carolina will be talking about the ecosystem with several members.
- Industry News: Earlier this month, Governor Gavin Newsom issued a proclamation declaring May 2023, as “Small Business Month” in the State of California.