Our thoughts are with the communities around the state that are suffering from the Camp Fire in Butte County and the Hill & Woolsey Fires in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. Should you wish to support, consider making a contribution to the following:
- North Valley Community Foundation – Camp Fire Evacuation Relief Fund
- California Community Foundation – Wildfire Relief Fund
- Ventura Community Foundation – Conejo Valley Victims Fund & Hill Fire & Woolsey Fire Sudden & Urgent Needs Effort Fund
In this Must Know…
- Renew your CAMEO membership and get more clients with Centro
- Global Cash Analysis Webinar TODAY at 2:00 pm! Don’t miss it.
- Why shopping local is a no-brainer.
- Please fill out the survey on GoBiz‘s Technical Assistance Expansion Program if you applied for the state money.
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is that Santa Cruz SBDC is looking for a director. Check out our jobs page for that listing and other opportunities.
CAMEO Member Drive + Centro’s Business Planning App
CAMEO is a dynamic network of organizations and individuals that support businesses that create local jobs, build wealth, and grow California’s economy through microbusiness development.
Gift your organization a year of training, advocacy and connections – renew your membership or join us!
Take advantage of everything we offer. In addition to high-quality programs, your membership dues pay for themselves with free group and individual training opportunities, member meetings, and the priceless benefits of collaboration and support.
Our members are always asking where they can get more clients. Enter Phase II of Centro Community Partners ‘ Business Planning App. After completing a business plan, the app will guide entrepreneurs to the best local business assistance and funding options for their needs – that’s you. They are looking to collect much of the same information that we do in order to generate leads for your services. Enter the CAMEO-Centro partnership to share this information, so that you don’t have to enter it twice. We hope that you will give permission to share your information with Centro when you fill out our member application form.
Global Cash Analysis Webinar: A Microlending Essential
Global Cash Flow Analysis is a critical part of small business lending underwriting that takes a holistic view of the business owner’s entire cash situation – both personal cash as well as business cash.
Join us for “Introduction to Global Cash Analysis” TODAY at 2:00 pm.
Why Shopping Local is a No-Brainer
– It is better for the local economy.
– It makes your taxes work more efficiently.
– It helps create better jobs.
– It keeps the community safe and thriving.
– It is better for your health and the environment.
Use the evidence in our latest blog post to make the case for entrepreneurship in your community.
- CALED will be hosting the webinar, A City’s Guide to Retail and Restaurant Real Estate Trends, on December 5, 2018, at 1:00 pm.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab’s Nonprofit Institute will take place in Los Angeles on January 15, 2019.
- USDA Rural Development has funds available in their Business & Industry Loan Guarantee Program.
- The Center for Responsible Lending released a documentary on South Dakota’s fight to end triple-digit payday interest rates.
For Your Clients
- The “Outsmart Disaster Challenge” offers a checklist for businesses to follow to become resilient in the face of a disaster.
- A new CA law requires employers with five or more employees to provide sexual harassment training to all employees by January 1, 2020.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a series of free webinars to explain how the changes to the ACA affect small businesses.
- American Express’ Shop Small Studio has a host of customizable marketing materials to get ready for Small Business Saturday.
- Member News: CalNonprofits published an open letter to crowdfunding companies, calling for responsible practices in the industry.
- Member News: West Company is now West Business Development Center.
- Jobs: Credit Builders Alliance, Santa Cruz SBDC, Women’s Economic Ventures, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, and JEDI are hiring!