In This Must Know…
- Carolina and Emily were in New York last week at the Opportunity Finance Network Conference!
- Heidi and Carolina are at the California Economic Summit this week!
- Mark your calendar – Small Business Saturday is on November 26, 2022!
- Adriana Eiriz, VP of Partnerships at Accion Opportunity Fund, joined KFROG radio to discuss everything small business owners should know about the California Rebuilding Fund.
- This week’s goodie highlight is NCRC launches Capital Accelerator Program for business resource providers.
Carolina and Emily were in New York last week at the Opportunity Finance Network Conference. It was great for them to see so many of our members and our lenders in person (along with the other 2,000 attendees). Everyone was eager to share what their new plans are and how they are going to reach more small businesses.
Besides seeing our members, other highlights include: celebrating Jamie Barrera, who spoke at our MicroLenders Forum, who received a lifetime achievement award; and the convening of the CDFIs who are in the shared services cohort in order to launch the program (see photo.)
California Economic Summit
Last week was New York, this week it’s Bakersfield. Heidi and Carolina are at the California Economic Summit, ensuring that underserved small businesses are front and center in the state’s economic policy plan.
This morning Carolina was named to the 2022 Entrepreneurship & Economic Mobility Task Force that will propel inclusive entrepreneurship.
Small Business Saturday
Mark your calendar! Small Business
Saturday is on November 26, 2022.
We are thankful for all the small businesses that are integral to the communities they serve, and we’re proud to show our gratitude for everything they do in our communities. Show your support and #ShopSmall this holiday season.
Help us spread the word and download the Small Business Saturday Coalition toolkit.
- NCRC Launches Capital Accelerator Program For Business Resource Providers.
- NALCAB’s CDFI Certification Program is open! Submit pre-assessment application by November 4, 2022.
- New report from NCRC: Mystery-Shopper Testing In Home Appraisals Exposes Racial Bias Undermining Black Wealth.
- CBA Fund Application for Loan Capital and Grant Funds due November 4, 2022.
- Jobs: NCRC, Accessity, PCV, California Farmlink, California Capital Financial Development, and CIELO announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!