- CAMEO’s Staff in Action
- CRC Honors CAMEO
- Take Action for Census 2020 Outreach Funding
- Register for the 2019 MicroLenders Forum on April 23, 2019, in San Francisco
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Facebook’s new Community Fund for nonprofits. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2019, but it’s a short application!
CAMEO In Action
This week, Carolina is in Washington, D.C. meeting with SBA, USDA, and legislative staff to advocate for business development programs and funding. Meanwhile, Heidi attended RISE Financial Pathways’ Power Luncheon and then headed to the CALED conference where, along with Mary Anne Petrillo of West BDC and Heather Gurewitz of EDFC, she spoke to attendees about the Local Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Program (LEEP) and our project in Mendocino and Lake County (in photo Patty Hess of 3CORE, Heidi, and Karen Rich of USDA at CALED).
CRC Honors CAMEO
Take Action: Funding for Census Outreach
- Fund Consulting’s recent report examines the prevalence of women as leaders of CDFIs.
- NTEN shared the findings of their first-ever State of Nonprofit Professional Development survey.
- SBA’s Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet titled “Small Business Facts: Spotlight on Women-Owned Employer Businesses.”
- CalAsian Chamber of Commerce is holding their 10th Annual Legislative Summit & Reception on April 9, 2019, in Sacramento. Register using the promo code “PARTNER” for a special discount.
- MEDA is hosting a convening on leveraging integrated Financial Education and Coaching on June 4, 2019, in San Francisco.
Funding & Resources
- Facebook launched the Facebook Community Fund, a pilot program providing grants to place-based nonprofit organizations. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2019.
- Hubspot curated a list of email marketing statistics for 2019.