Please whitelist @microbiz.org and email@example.com to continue to ensure CAMEO emails do not go to your spam folder.
In this Must Know…
- CAMEO on the road
- August Recess Alert
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO – Coaching
- This week’s Goodie highlight is USDA’s Rural Economic Development Grant program.
CAMEO on The Road
Last week, CAMEO was out in force, literally from tip to tip of the state. Carolina was first in San Jose with the FDIC and local members who discussed (en español) the issues facing immigrant entrepreneurs. Then on Friday she was joined by Aurora in San Diego with our members, where they discussed the ecosystem-building work they are doing in L.A. and how that would work a bit further South.
Meanwhile, Heidi was first in Ukiah working on the Local Entrepreneurial Ecosystem survey for Mendocino County and then on to a North Coast rural meeting in Eureka with staff from 3Core, Arcata EDC, and JEDI’s WBC. Eureka was the place to be last week as CALED held a rural summit and the NorCal SBDC hosted a regional meeting. Heidi attended both, along with too many members to mention, and learned a ton.
August Recess Alert
Congress is on recess this month, making it the perfect opportunity for you to engage with your elected officials in your home districts.
CAMEO has been working closely with the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship on the SBA Reauthorization legislation. Now is the time to contact your Senator and ask them to express their support. Learn more about the bill and how to make the most of your meetings by downloading our August Recess Alert.
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
As we reflect on our 25 years of work in the sector, every week we’ll be highlighting one of the 25 reasons (or more!) to value CAMEO.
Reason #21: CAMEO constantly develops new approaches to business assistance training through its various coaching programs.
What are the reasons you value CAMEO?
- The Local Foods, Local Places program provides communities with planning assistance to promote local food and neighborhood revitalization. Join their webinar on September 4, 2019 at 11:00 am PT to learn how to apply.
- CalNonprofits offers its members free or discounted sexual harassment training.
- Funding Opportunity: USDA is seeking applications for its Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant Program. Deadline for First Quarter applications is September 30, 2019.
- Jobs: MEDA, FHL Bank of San Francisco, and Renaissance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!