In This Must Know…
- The CAMEO Academy, our online training platform is launched!
- CAMEO’s 2021 Media Hits
- Read our new blog post “CDFIs Help Communities of Color“
- Take our survey on the small business climate by tomorrow February 25, 2022
- Last chance to fill out our Digital Literacy Survey by February 28, 2022.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is two interesting reports: Federal Small Business Credit Survey and Census data on Black-owned Businesses.
CAMEO Academy is Launched
Today we launched the CAMEO Academy, an online platform that provides free learning resources to the public. Next month, we will add content that will be exclusive for paid CAMEO members.
The launch includes two courses: State of Independence Webinar, and the Cooking Up Success webinar series. Additionally, you’ll have access to our archive of pre-2022 online training.
Our paid classes, such as the CDFI Essentials cohort or MiLES, will also be accessed through the CAMEO Academy.
CAMEO Media Hits
In 2021, CAMEO received 57 media hits that reached an audience of approximately 2.3 million, highlighting the organization’s expertise and work supporting California’s small businesses. There were 20 link-backs to CAMEO’s website and 4,500 social shares. CAMEO was featured in regional and national outlets such as The Sacramento Bee, Univision LA, the Associated Press,Yahoo! Finance and The Hill.
Read through our comprehensive 2021 summary to see all of the content.
CDFIs Help Communities of Color
Two CAMEO members, Luz Lopez Urrutia, the CEO of the Accion Opportunity Fund, and Everett K. Sands, the CEO of Lendistry testified last week at a virtual House Committee on Financial Services hearing titled “An Unprecedented Investment for Historic Results: How Federal Support for MDIs and CDFI’s Have Launched a New Era for Disadvantaged Communities.” The hearing focused on how Congress and the U.S. The Treasury could improve the CDFI fund.
Addison Peterson, our policy specialist, wrote about the suggested improvements on our blog: “CDFIs Help Communities of Color“.
Free Webinars & For Your Clients
- Join California Policy Forum for Budgets and Bills: An inside look at the 2022 California legislative session on March 8, 2022 at 10:00am PT.
- Small Business Anti-Displacement Network needs help building their Anti-Displacement Toolkit.
- The Federal Reserve Bank’s Small Business Credit Survey: Release of the 2022 Report on Employer Firms
- Census date shows Increase in Number of U.S. Black-Owned Businesses Between 2017 and 2019
- Reminder: 2021 California Financing Law Annual Report Due March 15, 2022
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Working Solutions, SBDC, Centro Community Partners, Feed and The Hunger Fund, announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!