In This Must Know…
- Help get the word out about the California Rebuilding Fund
- CA Venues Grant Program
- Congrats to TAEP Program Recipients
- Our CAMEO Annual Member Meeting is on December 2, 2021
- This week’s Goodie highlight is SBA to Host National Veterans Small Business Week November 1-5
CA Rebuilding Fund for Long Term Recovery
The California Rebuilding Fund is a partnership between public and private sector entities to provide California small businesses—particularly businesses in underbanked parts of the state—with access to responsible, affordable capital to help them survive and rebuild from this crisis.
Please spread the word with the Marketing Toolkit using this simple URL: CALoanFund.org. Please include it continuously in your newsletters and social media posts as an important tool for recovery and rebuilding our economy.
ICYMI, CAMEO held a training last Friday, download the slides. We referenced several trainings we did at the end of last year that explain the program, you can access them on our website.
- Training #1: 10/26/2020 (overview)
- Training #2: 11/12/2020 (live application, product overview, basic assessment)
- Training #3: 12/3/2020 (debt to credit ratio)
If you would like a more hands on explanation of the product and the application, please join us on November 3, 2021 at 1:00pm, you can register here.
CA Venues Grant Program
The California Venues Grant Program will support eligible independent live events venues that have been affected by COVID-19 in order to support their continued operation. Eligible independent live events venues must have a physical address and operate in California, which will be validated through submitted business tax returns. If your business tax returns do not reference a California address, you will be deemed ineligible. The Program opens October 29, 2021 through November 19, 2021.
Congrats to TAEP Program Recipients
The Technical Assistance Expansion Program (TAEP) is a 5-year state-funded program which awards approximately $17 million each year to expand free consulting and low-cost training services through federally-funded small business assistance centers. The program, launched in 2018 and continuing through 2023 is focused on providing programming and outreach to under-resourced small businesses, including women, minorities/people of color, and veteran owned businesses, and businesses in low-wealth, rural, and disaster-impacted communities. The program allocates funding through a competitive process.
Congrats to the 66 CAMEO members, our colleagues at CalAsian Chamber, the PTACs and CMTC who received a TAEP grant!
- The DFPI has announced the launch of their new Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets page.
- SBA to Host National Veterans Small Business Week November 1-5.
- To Celebrate National Women’s Small Business Month, watch the Senate Small Business Committee Hearing on women’s entrepreneurship.
- Encourage your clients to take the Federal Reserve’s Small Business Credit Survey before it closes on November 19, 2021.
- Jobs: CAMEO, PCV, SBDC San Joaquin Center, California Farmlink and El Pajaro CDC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!