In This Must Know…
- California FY 2022-23 Budget Preview
- CDFI Incubator Learning Opportunities
- Join Project Equity and CAMEO for California Cooperatives, a webinar TODAY January 13, 2021 at 11:00am PT
- CAMEO and Small Business Majority host a 30-minute policy brief January 14, 2021 at 12:00pm PT
- This week’s Goodie highlight is we support of the efforts by President Biden and Vice President Harris to move the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and the Freedom to Vote Act.
CA FY 2022-23 Budget Preview
2021 what a year! The state of California invested billions in small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic at levels the state has never done before. As Governor Gavin Newsom announced on Monday at his press conference on his proposed 2022-23 California state budget that the state is continuing its small business assistance by continuing existing programs at similar or increased levels as well as introducing a few new budget items.
Particularly of interest to many of our members is that the Governor mentioned “permanent support” for the Small Business Technical Assistance Expansion Program (SB-TAEP) with an increase in funding. Read what else is in the budget in our blog post California FY 2022-23 Budget Take One.
CDFI Incubator Learning Opportunities
Join the 2022 CDFI Essentials cohort. The program supports young CDFIs to learn skills, create policies and manage risks. CDFI Essentials consists of monthly cohort learning sessions, individual coaching, and access to guest speakers who are leaders in the CDFI industry to develop their loan policy manual throughout the program. Email Emily Gasner for more info.
Also register for the MiLEs virtual January sessions on January 24-28, 2022! The waiting list has been cleared and only 4 spots remain. They will sell out, so act fast!
This class is for new lending staff or TA providers who want to develop skills to help clients access capital.
California Cooperatives Webinar
Join Project Equity and CAMEO for California Cooperatives for their webinar TODAY January 13, 2021 at 11:00am PT. This webinar will make the case for why cooperatives have an essential role to play in rebuilding California’s economy in 2022.
- We are supportive of the efforts by President Biden and Vice President Harris to move the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and the Freedom to Vote Act.