In This Must Know…
- Microbusiness Bills in the 2021-22 California Leg Season
- For Your Clients:The CA Rebuilding Fund has more money! (spread the word)
- Member Kudos: Our members are killing it — everywhere!
- CAMEO In The News: Carolina has been all over the news!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is that the The CDFI Fund Requests for Public Comment: FY 2023-2025 Bank Enterprise Award Program Application
California Bill Wrap Up
For a review of small and microbusiness items in the California budget, read “Microbusiness Bills in the 2021-22 California Leg Season“.
The 2022-23 legislative session was successful for CAMEO. CAMEO supported 17 bills, 11 were signed into law by Governor Newsom, and 6 bills died in the legislative process. Out of the 17 bills, 9 were CAMEO priority bills, meaning they had direct impact on our members , the microbusiness ecosystem or small and micro businesses (6 passed, 3 died). CAMEO often weighs in on other bills that have to do with economic development, consumer issues, and housing issues when a connection can be made to small business.
California Rebuilding Fund
Exciting news! Thanks to a new $15 million in funding from JPMorgan Chase, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, and the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors, California small business owners can apply for the California Rebuilding Fund. Funds will be available until November 30 or whenever funds run out, whichever comes first. Your clients can learn more at a webinar. Times are PT pacific. Download the social media toolkit.
California Rebuilding Fund Webinars
The Federal Reserve has begun collecting responses to this year’s Small Business Credit Survey. As an official survey partner, we’re trying to reach for-profit businesses currently in operation, those recently closed, and those about to launch. CAMEO members use this data to inform their programs and loan products.
Please forward to your clients! By taking the survey, business owners and business leaders contribute to data that directly informs the Fed, service providers, and others—ultimately benefitting their business. The survey closes November 4, 2022.
CAMEO In The News
CAMEO has been all over the news! Check out the articles below:
- Carolina wrote about how the California budget expanded support for the small business sector in Forbes.
- Carolina was on KCRA 3 News talking about resources for Latino Entrepreneurs Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Carolina joined WITF for Smart Talk for insight on the obstacles women entrepreneurs face and resources for success.
- Carolina was in The San Francisco Standard talking about street vendors obtaining permits.
For Your Clients
- Join the Tory Burch Foundation for Find Your Dream Clients on October 12, 2022 at 10:00am PT.
- New report: Bipartisan Public Opinion Survey Reveals Significant Insights for Growing New Businesses and Jobs in America.
- News: On September 30, President Biden signed a Continuing Resolution (CR) funding the government until December 16.