Please whitelist @microbiz.org and no
-firstname.lastname@example.org to continue to ensure CAMEO emails do not go to your spam folder.
In this Must Know…
- Business Value Gap Is Real
- Join TODAY’s Third Thursday Webinar, “Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually” at 2:00 pm.
- FY 2019-2020 California Budget
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO – Reason #17: CAMEO is a hub of small and micro business research, such as the Prosperity Now Scorecard.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is MBDA’s RFP for a Virtual Business Center.
Business Value Gap Is Real – Prosperity Now Scorecard
Prosperity Now has released the local-level data for their 2019 Scorecard, a comprehensive tool that shows the financial well-being of households in the U.S. The data for California’s cities shows that racial and gender disparities exist in all areas including business value, whether it’s in urban or rural environments.
Prosperity Now also released a Municipal Policy Blueprint aimed at helping local leaders and advocates arrive at solutions that address specific challenges in their communities. Some of those policies include regulating banking and lending practices as well as prioritizing entrepreneurs of color in procurement and contracting.
Read more in our latest blog post, “2019 Prosperity Now Scorecard Shows Business Value Gap Is Real.”
Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually
Join “Your Webinar Success: Speak to Engage Virtually” TODAY at 2:00 pm.
How do you keep your webinar audience engaged, while they face distractions like e-mail, social media, needy pets and mischievous children?
Public speaking coach Lisa Braithwaite will share her tips and best practices to become an engaging speaker and bring success to your webinar program.
The FY 2019-2020 California Budget was published, and there’s good news and bad news.
The five-year investment that aims to spend $20 million in small business development, signed by former Governor Jerry Brown, is in the budget.
While we made a strong effort to include the California Small Business and Jobs Act into the final budget, in the end, the powers that be did not include it. We will continue to support additional investment in small business development in the next budget cycle.
- The Aspen Institute is hosting “Creating Entrepreneurship Pathways for Opportunity Youth” on July 25, 2019 in Washington, DC.
- The Minority Business Development Agency is seeking proposals to develop and implement an MBDA Virtual Business Center. Applications must be submitted by July 26, 2019.
For Your Clients
- USC Marshall School of Business has a grants program for social enterprises seeking growth capital. Applications must be submitted before August 2nd, 2019.
- The California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s 40th Annual Statewide Convention will take place on August 21-23, 2019 in Stockton, CA.
- BEACON D.C. Women Founders Initiative published”Building Inclusive Ecosystems with Intentionality.”
- JEDE’s “Fast Facts on the California Economy” has been updated with 2018 GDP and May 2019 unemployment data.
- Free Webinar: Join Asset Funders Network on July 30, 2019 at 8:00 am PT for a live presentation with the authors of the 2019 Financial Coaching Census.
- Jobs: Renaissance, CCEDA, and CDC Small Business Finance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!