In this Must Know…
- 2023 CAMEO Summit – Book Your Hotel Room!
- National Small Business Week is April 30 – May 6, 2023
- MEHKO Bill AB 1325 Moves Forward in the Assembly
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is the Ascend Capital Accelerator: Beauty Cohort for women beauty industry entrepreneurs of color. The deadline to apply is TOMORROW.
2023 CAMEO Summit
Join us June 7-8, 2023 at the CAMEO Summit, “Strengthening the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to Close the Wealth Gap.”
We have blocked out a number of rooms at the Citizen Hotel for $219+tax. Book by May 5, 2023 to get this special rate!
The agenda for the Summit is quickly coming together. On June 8, during the MicroLenders Forum, we’ll host a panel discussion on how CDFIs can have a positive involvement in the response to the climate crisis and help small businesses build resiliency. A lot of money is being allocated to solve these issues and it’s important for CDFIs to take advantage of it.
National Small Business Week
April 30 to May 6, 2023 is National Small Business Week. To celebrate, the SBA will hold several in-person events across the country as well as its free Virtual Summit on May 2-3, 2023 for aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners. This year also marks the return of in-person awards ceremonies in Washington, D.C., for the first time since 2019.
Help spread the word about the importance of small business with the SBA’s social media guide and graphics.
MEHKO Bill Moves Forward in the Assembly
On Tuesday, the Assembly Health Committee heard AB 1235. This bill expands home kitchen operations, allowing home cooks to produce more meals per week and nearly double their annual income.
The bill passed in the committee with 15 Ayes and 0 Noes, and now moves on to Appropriations. CAMEO has a long history of supporting MEHKOs and celebrates this vote with hopes that it will soon become law.
For Your Clients
- The Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights is hosting a webinar on Commercial Lease Negotiation and Eviction Rights on May 2, 2023 at 4:00 pm PT.
- The Ascend Capital Accelerator: Beauty Cohort is a program for women beauty industry entrepreneurs of color. Applications close TOMORROW, April 28, 2023.
- SBA’s 2023 PRIME Grant Application is now live. The closing date for applications is May 18, 2023.
- The EDA released a fact sheet to help candidates prepare for this year’s Tech Hubs funding notices.
- New Research: Constant Contact’s recent “Small Business Now” report investigates whether a recession is a good time to start a business.
- Jobs: CBA, Renaissance, and Accessity announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!