In This Must Know…
- Responsible Small Business Lending Bill – Bill AB 2314 public hearing
- Join us in person for upcoming CAMEO Regional Meetings
- CalSavers Train the Trainer is available in our CAMEO Academy
- CAMEO speaks at Build Peralta’s Academy on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 about the local entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Save the Date: Email Liza to get on the waiting list for the next MiLEs, May 16-20, 2022
- This week’s Goodie highlight is a CAMEO Member in the News: Accion Opportunity Fund’s Luz Urrutia talks about the CA Rebuilding Fund with The Atlantic (31 minutes in).
Responsible Small Biz Lending
AB 2314 (Petrie Norris) – Responsible Small Business Lending will be heard next Monday, April 18, 2022 at 3:30pm PT. This bill will codify some best practices of small business lending (do underwriting and don’t do confessions of judgment or double dipping.)
CAMEO will testify in person, but you can listen to the hearing and show your support virtually. Dialing instructions are on the website.
Please also submit a letter of support for AB 2314.
CAMEO Regional Meetings
We have two upcoming CAMEO Regional Meetings this May. We invite you to learn more about where CAMEO is headed in the next few years, how you can engage with us, and celebrate the ability to come outside once again and be in person!
Join us for our Central Coast Regional Meeting on May 6, 2022 from 11:30am-2:30pm PT at Brew-N-Krew Ale House.
Our Sacramento Regional Meeting is on May 13, 2022 from 11:30am-2:30pm PT at Mayahuel.
CalSavers Training Resources
Businesses with 5 or more employees are going to be required to have a retirement plan by June 30, 2022. Learn how to help your businesses enroll in the CalSavers program. It’s easy! Our CalSavers Train the Trainer is now available in the free course section of CAMEO Academy.
Help us spread the word about Calsavers with their digital toolkit!
CAMEO Webinars & Grant Opportunity
- April is Financial Literacy Month – the SBA can provide a resource partner for free financial counseling and training.
- From NCRC – Did the Primary Federal Small Business Loan Program Become More Inclusive During The Pandemic?
- CAMEO Member in the News: Accion Opportunity Fund’s Luz Urrutia talks about the CA Rebuilding Fund with The Atlantic (31 minutes in).
- Jobs: Working Solutions, California FarmLink, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, PCV, ICA, Centro Community Partners, and The New York Immigration Coalition announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!