In this Must Know…
- Big Policy Win for Small Business Lending
- Join us for the 2021 MicroLenders Forum!
- September is Preparedness Month – Outsmart Disaster!
- We’re excited to announce we are a recipient of Kauffman’s Rebuilding Better RFP Grant! More details next week.
- Fill out our Impact Census by September 29, 2021!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Start Small Think Big inviting you to join the celebration, as they debut their new brand and website during National Small Business Week!
Big Policy Win for Small Business Lending
Last year, we worked with consumer groups to support the creation of California’s Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI, even without explicit small business protections. We’ve been meeting all year long to urge the DFPI to include small businesses in their protection actions. To our pleasant surprise, the DFPI recently issued a call for comments about defining UDAAP (unfair, deceptive, and abusive practices) for small business owners.
Today as part of the Responsible Business Lending Coalition (RBLC) and with our consumer-focused colleagues, we are submitting a comment letter to the DFPI. This is a HUGE win for us and attests to the strength of coalition building.
Thanks to the over 65 organizations that have signed onto the letter! If you’re interested in a copy of the comment letter, the final letter will be posted on the RBLC website next week.
MicroLenders Forum 2021
Join us September 29, 2021 from 10:00am-1:00pm PT for the MicroLenders Forum. It is one of our favorite events of the year where we bring our lenders together to network, share ideas and build capacity.
Therese Meers, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Capital Access, U.S. SBA will be joining us Newly appointed, Ms. Meers will be talking about SBA”s priorities for the coming year and answering questions. In addition, Scott Wu, Executive Director, IBank, will talk about Caliornia’s SSBCI strategy.
September is Preparedness Month
Outsmart Disaster is presenting: Resiliency Hour | Tips and Tools for Immediate Preparedness for Your Business on September 28th and 30th at 11:00am PT. Who should attend? Economic development practitioners, chambers of commerce, business owners, and nonprofits interested in learning more about disaster preparednes, the Outsmart Disaster Resilient Business Challenge, and how to help empower others to become resilient.
- The CBA is hosting Spotting Credit Repair Scams: Part 2 on September 23, 2021 at 11am PT.
For Your Clients
- Free workers comp resources (gotta eat your broccoli).
- Jobs: CBA, WEV and CALED announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!