- White House announces Economic Opportunity Coalition Big Investments in Micro
- Catch up on policy updates with CAMEO and Small Business Majority this Friday, August 5, 2022 at 11:00am PT
- Join us for Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture, Businesses, September 27-November 15
- Join us for Uplevel Your Online Training for Inclusivity, August 10-11 & 17-18, 2022!
- Registration is open for our MicroLenders Forum on September 15, 2022!
- Happy Birthday to the SBA! Thank you for helping small businesses thrive for 69 years!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is to sign Small Business Majority’s letter to help small businesses compete for dedicated workers!
Big Investments in Micro
Last week, the White House announced the Economic Opportunity Coalition, a solid step to help underserved communities. The commitments made so far signal a promising investments in underserved communities.
- Investing in CDFIs and MDIs
- Supporting entrepreneurship and minority-owned businesses
- Expanding inclusive and equitable access to credit and other financial services facilitating financial health.
- Making infrastructure investments that create more community wealth through housing.
For details, read our blog post Economic Opportunity Coalition.
Catch up on all the policy updates with CAMEO and Small Business Majority this Friday, August 5, 2022 at 11:00am PT.
We will be discussing how small business owners stand to benefit from the federal reconciliation package. We will discuss the expansion of the Affordable Care Act, including federal premium assistance for millions of California small business owners and employees.
Growing Successful Ag Businesses
Join us for Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture, Businesses, September 27-November 15, on Tuesdays.
This train-the-trainer will cover the ins and outs of providing specialized assistance to small farms. Interested business coaches need to fill out the questionnaire and have a call with the trainers.
For Your Clients
- AEO launches the Black Florist Fund, a fund to provide capital grants to for-profit Black florists and Black flower farmers across the U.S.
- Take Action: Sign Small Business Majority’s letter to help small businesses compete for dedicated workers!
- The City of San Jose is seeking consultants to provide business assistance services.
- NTEN has a lot of upcoming online courses to join!
- Save the Date: Conference call for CDFIs in an ACR-Related cure period on August 10, 2022.
- Jobs: Southwestern College, NCRC, Accessity, BCIF, RUNWAY, Shareable, Greenlining, and WBC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!