In this Must Know…
- Join us on June 9, 2020 for Advocacy Day.
- CRA Reform – Need Your Clients’ Input
- CAMEO is hiring
- This week’s Goodie highlight are three funding opportunities!
Advocacy Day 2020
Last year, our first-ever Advocacy Day was a resounding success. This year, we plan to make it even better.
Join us in Sacramento on June 9 for Advocacy Day 2020. We’ll discuss the state budget, responsible business lending, and other small and micro business issues.
CRA Reform Updates
OCC and FDIC announced a 30-day extension to submit comments on their proposed changes to CRA. The new deadline is April 8, 2020.
Help us mobilize small business owners – get your clients to sign on to a letter asking OCC and FDIC to prioritize small businesses in their proposed CRA reforms. Conduct your own campaign with these resources from Opportunity Fund.
CAMEO Is Hiring!
We are seeking an Administrative Associate to support the CAMEO staff in their work. The person in this role will be responsible for basic administrative functions such as copying, scanning, emailing, data entry and saving and filing paper and digital documents.
This is a part-time position (up to 10 hours per week) in our downtown San Francisco office.
- E2 published a report that explores the powerful connection between community quality of life and thriving entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Causes Count: the Economic Power of California’s Nonprofit Sector – New Findings is a report that explores vital aspects of California’s nonprofit community.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting a webinar on AB 5 and how it may impact small businesses on March 2, 2020 at 11:00am PST.
- Public Private Strategies and AARP launched the Small Business Caregiving Guide, a free online resource that helps small business owners create a caregiving-friendly workplace.
- EDA’s Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship released a NOFO for their Build to Scale program. Applications close March 24, 2020.
- Applications are open for the Treasury Department’s CDFI Fund CDFI Program and the Native American CDFI Assistance Program for FY2020. Deadline for both is April 21, 2020. For changes in the NOFA, watch this webinar.
- Member Kudos: Three CAMEO members (Uptima Business Bootcamp, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and La Cocina) made the San Francisco Business Times’ Top 15 business incubators list.
- CAMEO, EDFC, and CDC Small Business Finance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!