In This Must Know…
- Our Advocacy Day: Unmasking Economic Justice for a Small Business Recovery was a success!
- Join us for “Marketing Your Organization to Reach Underserved” on May 24-25, 2022
- Spread the word about the California Rebuilding Fund!
- Breaking News: The FDIC issued long-awaited new CRA rules today! Stay tuned for more info!
- We have ONE spot left for MiLEs, May 16-20, 2022!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is that CAMEO spoke about an equitable small business recovery for the CALED members.
Advocacy Day Recap
Thanks to the approximately 100 people who attended last week’s Advocacy Day! The feedback we received from attendees was overwhelmingly positive, so thank you. Our new advocates found out that it wasn’t that scary.
We started the morning talking about SSBCI 2.0 The main difference of the new program to version 1.0 is that the U.S. Treasury (UST) has made a commitment to equity.
Read our Advocacy Day 2022 Recap for more on what that means, what the State plans to do with the $1.1 billion, and other Advocacy Day highlights.
CAMEO Member Marketing Your Organization to Reach Underserved
Join us for our two-part class” Marketing Your Organization to Reach Underserved” on May 24-25, 2022 from 10:00am-12:00pm PT.
Many underserved communities remain disconnected from the entrepreneurial ecosystem that make up the CAMEO network. This training will help organizations become a resource rich center for their clients and develop their marketing funnel. Learn how to use free webinars as a marketing tool, build your lists, and other topics related to client attraction, engagement, and retention in order to reach underserved communities
California Rebuilding Fund
First announced by Governor Newsom in 2020, the California Rebuilding Fund offers affordable loans that are flexible and transparent from local lenders in your community. Visit the new, easier-to-use website to find out if your clients are eligible and apply in 3 easy steps.
Spread the word about the program using the CARF Toolkit.
In The News
- CAMEO Member In The News: WEV was on Telemundo 52 talking about how they help small business owners.
- CAMEO spoke about an equitable small business recovery for the CALED audience.
For Your Clients
- Happy National Small Business Week – Celebrate small businesses as job creators.
- Join Project Equity for Recruit, retain, and reward employees with employee ownership on May 18, 2022 at 12:00pm PT.
- Jobs: WEV LISC, PCV, PACE, Norcal VBOC, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and Working Solutions announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!