In This Must Know…
- Join us TODAY for our Advocacy Day Preparation Session at 10:00am PT
- Bill Update – AB 2314 Passes First Hurdle
- Member Kudos!
- Save the Date: Email Liza by Friday to get on the waiting list for the next MiLEs, May 16-20, 2022
- This week’s Goodie highlight is CAMEO Anniversaries! Congrats to Liza Rivera and Rezhe’ Connelly for one year with CAMEO and Emily Gasner for three!
Advocacy Day Prep Call
Also, if you haven’t already registered, do it now! Join us April 27, 2022 to talk about SSBCI, the Biden Administrations new equity plans, new programs at the SBA, and upcoming plans at the state level. In the afternoon, we’ll meet with our legislature to “Unmask Economic Justice for a Small Business Recovery.”
Responsible Small Biz Lending
AB 2314 passed its first hurdle!
On Monday, CAMEO and Accion Opportunity Fund testified at the Assembly Committee on Banking in Finance. This bill will codify some best practices of the Small Business Borrower’s Bill of Rights (do underwriting and don’t do confessions of judgment or double dipping.) Next up is the Assembly Committee on Jobs, Economic Development and the Economy on Tuesday, April 26, 2020.
Please also submit a letter of support for AB 2314.
CAMEO Member Kudos
CAMEO members have been doing great things! Their recognition has been highlighted below:
- PACE President & CEO Kerry Doi testifies in Congressional Hearing on SBA Loan Program.
- OneUnited Bank announces partnership with Lendistry, a minority-led and technology-enabled small business and commercial real estate lender.
- CalOSBA Announces iHub Grant Recipients. Congrats to CAMEO Members: The Innovation Hub at Santa Cruz SBDC, Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator iHub, and University of San Diego, The Brink SBDC iHub.
- Find a legally permitted home cook (and potential clients) in your area through the COOK Alliance’s New MEHKO Map and Directory.
- Help fill out the SBDC California’s survey on the impact of Covid-19 on small business.
For Your Clients
- CAMEO Anniversaries: Congrats to Liza Rivera and Rezhe’ Connelly for one year with CAMEO and Emily Gasner for three!
- Jobs: Norcal VBOC, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Working Solutions, California FarmLink, and PCV announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!