In this Must Know…
- Join the 2023 CAMEO Summit on June 7-8, 2023 in Sacramento, CA
- Sign up for Microlending Essentials virtually on May 8-12, 2023
- Take Action: Support SB 33 on March 29, 2023 at 1:30 pm PT (phone in!)
- This week’s Goodie Highlight are the Business Ownership Initiative’s two reports on “Scaling Lending to Entrepreneurs of Color.”
2023 CAMEO Summit
Join us June 7-8, 2023 in Sacramento, CA for the 2023 CAMEO Summit, “Strengthening the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to Close the Wealth Gap.”
Early Bird tickets will be available until May 1, 2023.
On June 7, Advocacy Day, we’ll hear directly from policymakers and advance the interests of our entrepreneurial communities.
On June 8, Microlenders Forum, we’ll build capacity for your teams with the help of industry leaders and experts.
We want to hear from you! Let us know what topics, trainings, or speakers you’d like to see at Microlenders Forum.
Microlending Essentials 2023
Sign up for Microlending Essentials on May 8-12, 2023 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm PT.
CAMEO provides this training several times a year to train CDFI and business coaching staff in the basics of microloan underwriting so they can help their clients be more successful when applying to loans.
Tickets are $650 for CAMEO members and $1,300 for non-members.
Take Action: Support SB 33
SB 33 will eliminate the 2024 sunset date for California’s truth-in-lending law, SB 1235.
Please sign on to our letter of support for SB 33 and its commonsense protections for California businesses by March 28, 2023.
We also would love if you could call in your support at the Senate Banking hearing on March 29, 2023 at 1:30pm It’s easy – name, org, and you support SB 33 and transparency in lending.
- Read the New York Times‘ recent article, “Businesses in Phoenix Struggle as Homelessness Crisis Continues.”
- President Biden’s proposed budget demonstrates encouraging support for agricultural producers and rural small businesses.
- The Business Ownership Initiative released two reports on “Scaling Lending to Entrepreneurs of Color” – Part I: Core Operational Challenges and Part II: Strategies and Operational Tactics for High Volume Originations.
- ICIC recently launched a report on Black and Hispanic real estate developers.
- Take Action: Sign on in support of the California Nonprofit Equity Initiative, which aims to change how state government contracts with nonprofits.
- Jobs: CAMEO, Project Equity, NCRC, Kauffman Foundation, North Coast SBDC, and TMC Community Capital announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!