In this Must Know…
- 2023 State of the Union
- Join our 2023 Legislative Staff Briefing on February 10, 2023 at 11:30 am PST.
- New Strategic Management Training Series
- If you missed last week’s webinar, “Maximize Your CAMEO Membership,” you can access it through the Members Only section of CAMEO Academy.
- Carolina shared tips for business loan applicants in this recent NerdWallet article.
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is CBA inviting organizations to submit a session proposal for its Annual Credit Building Symposium being held June 7-10, 2023. Submissions are due February 10.
2023 State of the Union
On Tuesday night, President Joe Biden delivered his second State of the Union address before Congress. As expected, the President focused on post-pandemic economic recovery along with his administration’s accomplishments and future plans.
With regards to small business, he mentioned the 10 million Americans who applied to start new businesses in the past two years, along with the small businesses that will be created to support the semiconductor industry through the CHIPS Act.
The SOTU talked a lot about equity – and we believe supporting small businesses is a key strategy to achieve this and to “build back better” in accordance with the President’s vision.
2023 Legislative Staff Briefing
CAMEO is inviting California legislative staff for a virtual briefing to learn more about micro and small business.
As a member, you’re invited too! Join us TOMORROW, February 10, 2023 at 11:30 am PST. You’ll have a chance to meet new legislative staff, renew your connections with seasoned pros and participate in our discussion on how the legislature can continue to support the state’s small business ecosystem.
Strategic Management Training Series
CAMEO‘s National CDFI Academy is offering a new Strategic Management Framework series, designed to help micro and small business lending CDFIs understand the components of a robust strategic management framework for strong performance.
The four-course series will be offered from March 15 through April 5, 2023. The first course, Overview of a CDFI Strategic Management Framework, will also be offered as a standalone training.
- Learn about the 118th Congress and their policy priorities in this Advocacy Update from Prism Group.
- Following California’s lead, New York State is implementing its Commercial Finance Disclosure Law, mandating standardized disclosures for small business financing.
For Your Clients
- Grow with Google and the U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. are hosting a Black-Owned Business Summit on February 23, 2023 at 11:00 am PST.
- First Republic is hosting a series of workshops during America Saves Week (Feb 27 – Mar 3) to help attendees set attainable financial goals and reach them.
Events & Conferences
- CBA invites you to submit a session proposal for its Annual Credit Building Symposium being held June 7-10, 2023. Submissions are due February 10.
- The CDFI Institute takes place March 15-16, 2023 in Washington, D.C.
- New Report: The Little Hoover Commission published a report on Equitable Economic Development across California.
- Jobs: CIBC, Renaissance, RUNWAY, and West Center announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!