In this Must Know…
- 2023 CAMEO Summit – Tara Lynn Gray Joins as Keynote Speaker
- Responsible Business Lending Policy Updates
- Celebrate AAPI Heritage Month
- CAMEO is hiring! Could YOU be our new VP of Finance and Operations?
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is NCRC’s Section 1071 Webinar: “New Data For Small Business Lending” on May 18, 2023 at 10:30 am PT.
2023 CAMEO Summit
Join us June 7-8, 2023 at the CAMEO Summit, “Strengthening the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to Close the Wealth Gap.”
We are thrilled to have Tara Lynn Gray, Director of the California Office of the Small Business Advocate as the Keynote Speaker for the MicroLenders Forum on June 8.
And don’t forget that TOMORROW is the last day to book a room at the Citizen Hotel with our special rate ($219+ tax).
Responsible Business Lending Policy Updates
SB 666 (Min) – which protects small business owners from junk fees – and SB 33 (Glazer) – which removes the sunset and maintains the requirements of California’s truth-in-small-business-lending law, SB 1235 – both passed the Senate floor today!
Now they move on to their respective Assembly committees and won’t be heard for another week or two.
Celebrate AAPI Heritage Month
May is Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Let’s commemorate AAPI culture by supporting small businesses in your community who proudly share their heritage and traditions, like these CAMEO member clients:
- Charina Vergara, Titas of Manila (a PACE client)
- Soichi Kadoya, Soichi Sushi (a San Diego & Imperial SBDC client)
- Tam Le, Tam’s Restaurant (an Orange County SBDC client)
For Your Clients
- The Elevate Together grant program supports Hispanic small business owners in partnership with the Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2023.
- Amazon Small Business Academy offers free educational resources to help early-stage entrepreneurs start, build, and launch their businesses online.
- Last week, CAMEO members AMPAC Business Capital and Accion Opportunity Fund testified at a Senate hearing on SBA Small Business Lending Company Licenses.
- Join Small Business Majority for their National Small Business Policy Briefing TOMORROW at 10:00 am PT.
- Join NCRC on May 18, 2023 at 10:30 am PT for a Section 1071 Webinar: “New Data For Small Business Lending.”
- Events & Conferences: The 2023 CALED Annual Conference will be held June 21-23, 2023 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Jobs: CAMEO, TMC Community Capital, and Umpqua Bank announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!