In this Must Know…
- 2023 CAMEO Summit – Early Bird Prices and Hotel Special Rate End TOMORROW!
- Bank Closures & Cash Management Tips
- Member Kudos: San Diego and Imperial Women’s Business Center
- Registration for Microlending Essentials May 2023 is officially closed! If you missed joining this cohort, get on the waitlist and be the first to know when we hold the class again.
- CAMEO is still hiring! Could YOU be our new VP of Finance and Operations?
- This week’s Goodie Highlight is Mastercard’s Strive USA Innovation Fund for CFIs, BSOs & their tech partners.
2023 CAMEO Summit
Join us June 7-8, 2023 at the CAMEO Summit, “Strengthening the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem to Close the Wealth Gap.” Early Bird prices end tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the deadline to book a room at the Citizen hotel with our special rate ($219+ tax). Take advantage of both these discounts and book today!
On the afternoon of June 7 (Advocacy Day), we’ll be heading to the Capitol for meetings with state legislators. Book your ticket now so we can schedule visits with the representatives from your region.
Bank Closures & Cash Management Tips
As many of you know, First Republic Bank was seized by federal regulators over the weekend and most of its assets have been sold off. On Tuesday, Carolina gave an interview to KQED on the impact of bank closures on their region’s entrepreneurial communities.
To make sure your own organization’s cash is protected, take a look at our recent webinar, “Cash Management for Your Org” with great tips from US Bank’s Jeff Holliday.
Member Kudos: San Diego & Imperial WBC
Congratulations to the San Diego and Imperial WBC and its director, Katty Ibarra on being named Women’s Business Center of the Year by the SBA as part of National Small Business Week (April 30 – May 6, 2023)!
Under Katty’s leadership, the San Diego and Imperial Women’s Business Center has created more than 130 businesses, helped businesses access $3 million in capital, and served more than 3,000 unique clients.
Events & Conferences
- The 2023 CALED Annual Conference will be held June 21-23, 2023 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Also on June 21-23, 2023, the Federal Reserve will hold its Policy Summit 2023 in Cleveland, OH.
Industry News & Resources
- The CDFI Fund expects to open the new CDFI Certification process in the Fall of 2023 after revising the CDFI Certification Application.
- The Aspen Institute published a guide for policymakers and the social sector on Blockchain, Crypto and Household Financial Security.
For Your Clients
- The USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program provides grants and financing to rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements. The first application window ends June 30, 2023.
- Questions to ask when looking for professional services by WEV’s Nikki Par.
- Funding Opportunity: The Mastercard Strive USA Innovation Fund will make $1M in grants available for CFIs, BSOs & their tech partners. Applications close May 12, 2023.
- Jobs: CAMEO, Umpqua Bank, and Credit Builders Alliance announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!