In This Must Know…
- Final 2022-23 State Budget (AB/SB 178/193) for Small Business
- Registration is open for our MicroLenders Forum on September 15, 2022!
- Join us for our two upcoming professional development opportunities!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is two easy legislative actions to take on employee ownership and EBTs at farmers markets.
This year Governor Newsom and the state legislature have given us plenty to be proud of as the final budget for the 2022-23 year awaits the final vote and signature. At the same time, the budget falls short in several places.
The good news is that the state is making serious investments in the small business ecosystem – with funding for thee Technical Assistance Expansion Program (TAEP), Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI), and the Women’s Business Centers.
Read more on the breakdown of the budget on our blog post “Final 2022-23 State Budget (AB/SB 178/193) for Small Business.
Registration is open for our MicroLenders Forum! It will be in person in the San Francisco area on September 15, 2022, exact location TBD. Mark your calendars!
We want to showcase the innovative work that our members have done during the pandemic and are soliciting proposals, due by August 1, 2022. Download our call for presenters.
We have two upcoming opportunities for you and your staff to join us on!
- Uplevel Your Online Training for Inclusivity, August 10-11, 17-18
- Getting Comfortable In the Weeds: How to Serve California Agriculture, September 27-November 15, on Tuesdays
Click on the links to learn more and register now before all the spaces are filled!
- Applications for the 2022 Native CDFI Awards are due on July 15, 2022.