In This Must Know…
- The 2020 Federal Reserve California Small Business Credit Survey
- The Commercial Eviction Moratorium Ends
- CAMEO is profiled in “Building Organizational Capabilities in Service of Equitable and Inclusive Small Business Ecosystems“
- Our October MicroLending Essentials is sold out! Email Liza to get on the wait list for the next class!
- California celebrates Women’s Small Business Month as one of the best states to start a business.
- Join us for our CA Rebuilding Fund Train the Trainer!
- CAMEO is hiring a Policy Specialist
- This week’s Goodie highlight is National Women’s Business Council public meeting on October 25, 2021!
CA Small Business Survey
The Federal Reserve published the California Small Business Credit Survey (SBCS). It collects information about business performance, financing needs and choices, and borrowing experiences of firms with 500 or fewer employees. Responses to the SBCS provide insight into the dynamics behind aggregate lending trends and about noteworthy segments of small businesses.
California wasn’t as represented as it should be. Help us spread the word and have your clients fill out the 2021 SBCS.
ICYMI: We spoke more on the Federal Reserve at our MicroLenders Forum. Information and resources can be found on our blog post “Inclusive Small and Micro Business Lending Post-COVID.”
Commercial Eviction Moratorium Ends
The Governor’s Executive Order on commercial the eviction moratorium, expired on Thursday, September 30, 2021. Thus, ended the protections that prevented commercial evictions of small businesses and non-profit organizations for nonpayment of rent. Back rent may be due in full depending on the payment plan or other agreement negotiated between the tenant and landlord..
Resources on how to help negotiate your rent and more can be found out on our blog post “Commercial Eviction Moratorium Ends“.
CAMEO Profiled in LISCs Report
CAMEO was profiled in “Building Organizational Capabilities in Service of Equitable and Inclusive Small Business Ecosystems” (page 27) issued by LISC National and Next Street. Thanks! The report explains CAMEO’s roles in the California’s small business ecosystem – capacity builder, advocate, and convener.
“CAMEO is the largest statewide microenterprise network in the country with a mission to grow athriving ecosystem of support for underserved entrepreneurs. CAMEO’s capacity building programs includethe CDFI Incubator and the CAMEO Academy.”
- Join the “Ensuring Equal Access” Webinar on October 28, 2021 at 3:00pm PT
- The U.S. Census Bureau is hosting a webinar: Introducing Business Dynamics Statistics (BDS) Explorer on October 20, 2021 at 10:30am PT.
- eBay’s Up & Running Program will award business sellers with grants of $10,000. Applications are due September 3, 2021.
- The AAPISTRONG Proudly Unstoppable Fund is now open for the first 1,000 applicants. Applications are due September 10, 2021.
- Jobs: CAMEO, PCV, SBDC San Joaquin Center, California Farmlink and CRC announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!