In this Must Know…
- Read CAMEO’s 2018 Annual Report
- Cybersecurity Webinar Takeaways
- 25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
- We are still taking responses to our Member Survey.
- Last chance to register for Advocacy Day on June 4, 2019!
- This week’s Goodie highlight is C.O.O.K. Alliance’s Home Cooking Webinar on June 5, 2019
2018 Annual Report
“Rethinking how a successful organization can respond to new trends while remaining a valuable partner to over 200 organizations requires listening. That’s what we did in 2018.
Last year, we focused on three pillars: Capacity Building, Advocacy and Network Development. We are very happy with the results of our efforts, especially in a year of transition.
Partnerships are essential for CAMEO’s 2019 focus, where we develop stronger ecosystems as we understand that it takes a network for a business owner to succeed, and our 240+ organizations make up their network!”
Read Carolina’s full letter in our 2018 Annual Report.
Cybersecurity Webinar Takeaways
When we say ‘cybersecurity’, you say ho-hum or get overwhelmed. Well, last week’s webinar was neither. We had three dynamic speakers and one participant liked it so much that she’s sharing the info with all of her clients. Here are two useful tips to whet your appetite:
- you get what you pay for with a point-of-sale online tool, so get a good one;
- make sure any security firm you hire is cost effective and understandable.
Find out more tips by listening to “Cybersecurity: Mitigating Risk for Microenterprises” and share it with clients.
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
Reason #10: CAMEO partners with other organizations to optimize resources and strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
One such partnership is the Los Angeles Micro Moves Collaborative. We recently held the strategic planning meeting which launched the collaborative and was a great success!
The San Francisco Business Times has recognized PCV’s Mary Jo Cook as one of their 2019 “Most Influential Women in Business.”
The Aspen Institute profiled Opportunity Fund’s founder Eric Weaver as one of their 2018-2019 “Job Quality Fellows.”
For Your Clients
- SB 1343 requires organizations with 5 or more paid staff to train employees on sexual harassment issues. The required training has to be completed by the end of this year.
- SBA is looking for women business owners to participate in product beta testing of their new online learning platform.
- Join Small Business Majority for a Train-the-Trainer Webinar about CalSavers on June 4, 2019 at 10:00 am PT.
- C.O.O.K. Alliance is holding a Home Cooking Webinar on June 5, 2019 at 12:30 pm PT.
- Take Action: You can still contact your federal legislators while they’re on break! Download theMay 2019 Recess Alert.
- Jobs: ICA Fund Good Jobs, NorCal SBDC, and Uptima Business Bootcamp, announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!