September 20, 2018 - 2:00 PM
Entrepreneurship offers veterans increased opportunities to maximize their strengths and skills, to achieve their financial and career goals, and to customize their employment to accommodate their challenges. Microbusiness and self-employment are often the most appropriate option for returning veterans because of the technology available and the flexibility afforded.
How does your organization support entrepreneurship among military families?
CAMEO’s WOVEN program—Women Veteran Entrepreneurship Network—offers year-round community events to foster new businesses. Veterans Day is an excellent time to promote your business development classes and special programs for veterans, military spouses and caregivers.
Join us for tips on how to engage more military-connected business owners in time for Veteran’s Day and Veteran’s Small Business Week (November 5-9). Hint: don’t ask them if they are a veteran or not and find out what to ask instead.
Register for our Serving Veteran Entrepreneurs webinar on Thursday, September 20, 2018, at 2:00 pm. We’ll also leave time for attendees to share best practices on what you are doing to serve veteran entrepreneurs.
- Melanie Rae, CAMEO’s WOVEN Program Director and Founder and Author of Guided Business Plan
- Alicia Ogozlay, WOVEN Member, US Air Force, owner, Exclusive Beauty (invited)
- Melissa Washington, Founder, Women Veterans Alliance
- Mike McGrane, VP, Regional Lending Director, Veterans Launch
- Attendees, best practice sharing