October 27, 2020 - 12:00 AM
The Latino Economic Policy Summit on October 27 is a gathering of community leaders and elected officials to explore policy solutions that support our growing Latino communities.
US Representative Joaquin Castro (TX-20) kicks off the event in a live conversation on Latino public policy priorities and economic recovery, followed by a Q&A session from participants. Remarks by US Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Tucson, AZ Mayor Regina Romero and a public policy panel with community & economic development experts round out the day.
Themes include: catalyzing small business growth, strengthening neighborhoods and promoting a robust economic agenda during this time of crisis.
The NALCAB National Training (October 28-30) is three days of interactive training sessions led by seasoned experts doing innovative work in the field of community development. As an attendee, you’ll gain knowledge and materials that you can implement into your programs immediately.
- Equitable Neighborhood Development
- Financial Capability
- Small Business – Technical Assistance
- Small Business – Lending/CDFIs
- “Bring Your TA Online” with Heidi Pickman and Susan Brown – Wednesday, October 28 at 11:00am PDT.
- “CDFI Lending Operations Best Practices” with Susan Brown – Friday, October 30 at 11:00am PDT.