CDFI Essentials supports new and emerging CDFIs to learn skills, create policies and manage risk — while meeting their mission to serve entrepreneurs of color and LMI communities. This program is also highly responsive to the needs, trends, opportunities and challenges participating CDFIs experience.
This intensive peer cohort program is a monthly facilitated peer learning program including training with 11 live monthly sessions of up to 1 hour, 15 minutes in duration each.
Organization Commitment: We require participating organizations to identify at least 1 staff member (or board member) who will attend the sessions each month. Organizations can send up to 5 staff or board members to any of the sessions, however, we highly recommend the same 1 staff member attend all sessions for the organization to best benefit from the totality of the program.
The sessions will begin February 20, 2024 and will take place the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 10:00am PT.
CAMEO will select up to a maximum of 12 organizations to participate in the cohort. These organizations will include nonprofit mission based microlenders and small business lenders from around the United States. We intentionally keep the cohort small to increase peer interaction and learning within a small group setting.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Loan Manual Overview and Development
- Portfolio Performance Standards
- Loan Product Design; Mission; Underwriting; Outreach
- Risk Rating Systems
- Allowance for Loan Loss Reserves
- Credit Reporting
- State Guarantee and Credit Enhancement Programs
- Data Maturity and Reporting
- Closing and Servicing
- Managing Troubled Loans
- Obtaining Capital from Bank CRA Funds
- Executive Leadership, Board Governance and Staffing
Fee to Participate Per Organization for the Full 2024 Year
(PLEASE NOTE: we have special rates for members and special deeper discounts as subsidized by funders in certain geographic areas as listed below. If you qualify for one of these discounts, contact dfernandezulen@CAMEOnetwork.org to get the promo code)
- CAMEO Member Organizations in the 9 San Francisco Bay Area Counties: $750
- CAMEO Member Organizations in Northern California or Southern California: $1,000
- CAMEO Member Organizations Outside of California: $1,250
- Organizations that are not CAMEO Members: $2,000
Scholarships are available for organizations with demonstrated need. To learn more about CAMEO membership benefits and pricing, please click here.
Deadline to Register for CDFI Essentials 2024: February 9, 2024. Please contact Emily Gasner (egasner@CAMEOnetwork.org) before registering to ensure spots are still available and so we best understand your organization’s needs.
Learn more about CDFI Essentials: 2024 Cohort in our FAQs.