May 7, 2021 - 11:00 AM
Nearly 3,800 anti-Asian hate incidents were reported since the onset of the pandemic back in March 2020. As Asian American communities are experiencing an increase in violence and hate prompted by racist rhetoric about the coronavirus pandemic, we are asking the members of our community to come together to discuss ways to help combat anti-Asian violence.
The CalAsian Chamber, National ACE and the API Legislative Caucus would like to invite you to our upcoming “AAPI Strong Roundtable” where we will hear from our policy makers, corporate leaders and members of our AAPI community.
- 11:00pm – 11:05pm Welcome Remarks:
- Pat Fong Kushida, President & CEO, CalAsian Chamber of Commerce
- Chiling Tong, President/CEO, National ACE
- 11:05pm – 11:15pm Remarks:
- Congresswoman Doris Matsui, 6th Congressional District (invited)
- Assemblymember Evan Low, 28th Assembly District
- 11:15pm – 11:20pm – Remarks: AAPI Small Business Owner
- 11:20pm – 12:00pm – Panel: How corporations are addressing this and what are they doing in support?
- Bill Imada, Chairman and Chief Connectivity Officer, IW Group Inc.
- Travis Kiyota, Senior Vice President of Global Policy and Public Affairs, East West Bank
- Anthony Williams, Director of Public Policy, Americas at Amazon (invited)
- Dr. Betty Uribe, Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase
- David Lu, Founder, Hyphen Capital (invited)
- 12:00pm – 12:10pm – Q&A
- 12:10pm – Closing Remarks: Senator Min, 37th Senate District
- 12:15pm – Thank you Remarks
- National ACE Board Chair; Karen Eng, President and CEO, CSMI
- CalAsian Chamber Board Chair; Kathy McKim, Senior Vice-President, Hawksbill Group Principal, Hawksbill Advisors
- 12:15pm – End